If you’re in need of a nice warming delicious smoothie recipe then look no further, our warm apple and cinnamon smoothie will be just the recipe for you, especially if you are looking at boosting your immune system. This smoothie contains plenty of anti-inflammatory benefits due to the cinnamon it contains. Cinnamon offers a wide variety of disease-fighting properties that have antioxidant and anti-aging benefits, it can even boost the appearance of your skin and help to protect it against premature sun damage. You can’t just sprinkle a tiny dash of cinnamon to something you eat or drink, you’ll need to get a therapeutic dosage at least ½ teaspoon in order to really get the benefits from this spice. This recipe contains ½ teaspoon so it’ll definitely be enough to make a difference.
- Organic apple, cored and cut into large chunks (leaving the skin on)
- ¼ Cup of raisins
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the apple chunks, raisins, cinnamon in a small saucepan and cover with water. Heat over a medium heat for around 6 minutes or until the water has boiled and the apples have softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Add the mixture to a blender, be careful if using a glass blender. Process on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large coffee cup and grate some cinnamon over the top for some added spice.
- Relax and drink warm for a yummy Christmassy hug in a mug.