The party season is well underway this means we all need to take great care of our skin. How we reduce and cover up those dark circles and dehydrated skin is the next challenge.
Some people can overdo it with long skin care regimes when they are a bit hung over but you really need to keep things simple and to a minimum so you’ll avoid aggravating the skin.
Late night prepping is the answer to waking up a little more refreshed than suffering majorly with a nasty hangover.
- Drink at least 1 pint of water before you go to bed and take a full glass to bed with you.
- Take all your make up off – I know it sounds like effort but trust me you’ll feel so much better for it.
- Once you’ve taken all your make up off try to apply some kind of overnight face mask, your skin will feel all the better for it the next day. The night creams we recommend you use should gently exfoliate the skin overnight and take off those dead skin cells. They will leave your skin looking a little pumped up and fresh by the following morning. Look for overnight face masks that don’t need any follow up so it’ll be nice and easy for you.
- After a much needed lay in and before you do anything else turn to your hang over remedy of choice whether it’s a can of coke, blackcurrant juice, a fry up or a vitamin C booster, your body craves it so it’s allowed this once in a while treat to pick you back up. Our remedy of choice has got to be a nice refreshing cup of Skinny Boo Detox Tea with some honey and a slice of lemon.
- Next it’s time for skin S.O.S – you must clean your face to get rid of all the dirt and grime from last night, especially if you didn’t manage to cleanse properly the night before. Then cover your face with a revitalising face mask, use a low effect, leave on mask so you don’t need to do anything once it’s on. The face masks you use should give you a nice injection of moisture, making the skin look brighter. You might find you’ll need to wipe some of the excess away but most of the time your skin will drink and soak up the moisture which will leave your skin looking plumped out and renewed.
- After the mask apply a moisture boosting primer, it’ll give you a nice healthy glow, even if you are going to put foundation on over the top.
- If you’re worried about blemishes and dark circles use a good concealer to cover them up but try not to pack out your skin with too much make up – you should allow it to breathe. Remember to also drink plenty of water after the night before to re-hydrate your skin.