With Halloween night close upon us, it’s time to get serious with curbing your cravings, with all the naughty sweet treats around this can prove challenging, so we've come up with some top tips on how to say no and curb those sugary cravings:
- Choose wisely – when shopping avoid the ‘naughty’ isle – this includes chocolate, sweets, biscuits, crisps and cakes.
- Take the pleasure in walking around the fresh food section and trying different fruits and vegetables.
- Think positive thoughts – if you have the wrong attitude towards you’re eating habits it will be harder for you to say ‘no’ or find yummy, healthy alternatives. So instead of thinking ‘its going to be tough cutting out sugar’ believe in yourself and change that negative way of thinking into a positive ‘I’m going to take control of my diet’. This positive attitude can be extremely powerful in all that you do.
- Curb the hunger pangs – to be successful at cutting out the bad stuff eat 3 healthy balanced meals a day which include only fresh produce.
- Know what your cravings are – thinking you’re hungry and reaching for a biscuit may be the wrong thing to do. Instead have a large glass of water mixed with your favourite fruit to create a detox water. Usually when you are feeling hungry you might be dehydrated so drink up instead of eat up! Remember you can also drink a cup of detox tea which will also help to curb the hunger pangs.
- Don’t buy! – Instead of filling your cupboards up with processed, sugary foods leave them empty and buy and chop up fresh fruit and vegetable snacks. The processed foods and packs of crisps and chocolate are convenience foods so make real food a convenience for you invest in some quality Tupperware and get shopping so its ready for you when you most need/want it.