Here at Skinny Boo we love our healthy eating ways so we thought we would bring to life our very own eating plan to go along side our Skinny Boo 15 Day Detox Tea.
We are so excited about bring this to life we thought we would share with you our first day, so here it is, enjoy & watch this space for the rest of our 15 day detox plan coming soon!
3 tablespoons unsweetened muesli with almond milk and 1 chopped up apple.
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sizable lengths with ¼ cup of hummus.
Shaved Asparagus & Poached Egg Salad
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
1/2 bunch green asparagus (about 8 stalks)
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
2 cups arugula or rocket
1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
1/2 ounce feta, crumbled
juice of 1 lemon1 tablespoon parsley, coarsely chopped
2 large eggs for women; 3 large eggs for men
- Trim an inch off the root end of the asparagus to get rid of the woody part.
- Using a vegetable peeler and starting from the root end, shave the asparagus into thin ribbons.
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat, then add the thinly sliced shallot. Cook for 1 minute, until shallot has softened slightly. Add asparagus ribbons, season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, and cook for 2 minutes, tossing occasionally, until asparagus is cooked al dente (should be crunchy, not soft). Transfer asparagus mixture to a medium mixing bowl, add arugula or rocket, chopped tomato, feta, lemon juice, and parsley, and toss.
- Boil a pan of water, swirl the water and crack the egg into the pan, and turn the heat to low. Cook the egg 2-3 minutes, until the white is completely opaque and set.
- Transfer the asparagus salad to a bowl and top with the fried eggs.
Pear cut into slices
Roast Chicken, Quinoa & Kale
1/2 cup Cooked Quinoa with 1 tablespoon Orange Vinaigrette (juice of 1 orange/cider vinegar/garlic/olive oil/salt)
1/2 bunch Steamed Kale
1 large Roast Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and stuff with 1 lemon
- Roast the chicken for 1 ½ hours (check the packaging)
- Debone the chicken and slice into portions
- In a medium saucepan with a lid heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and add the quinoa, stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about a minute until the quinoa is completely dry and slightly toasted. Add water and salt and bring the mixture to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Tear the kale leaves and place in a large sauté pan with a lid pour in ½ a cup of water and sprinkle with seasoning steam until slightly wilted and dark green but still bright, about 3 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the orange juice, cider vinegar and salt, drizzle in some olive oil and mix with a small whisk add a crushed garlic clove.
- Bring all the ingredients together in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing over the top for a tasty healthy dinner.